Sunday, October 5, 2014

When your day goes bad


When your day goes bad your stress level goes up. The kids and I have had an extremely busy weekend and all I wanted to do today was rest, of course when you're a mother you might as well forget it. I was up at 6:30am. Berrac had to leave for work around 7:20am so I was thinking after he goes to work Berran and I would go back to sleep and since the other two children were up late they would sleep until about 9, NOPE! They were up at 7am ready for breakfast. Somehow I managed to lose track of time and burnt the cinnamon rolls, Braxton was in a bad mood about that. About 12:30 I told them I was going to take a little nap...NEVER HAPPENED. The rest of the afternoon was filled of brothers arguing, sneaking my phone and playing on it without asking, and me yelling. It's not that they were exactly being bad but more than anything I was just worn out and irritated so I sent them to the bed.
After I sent them to bed I decided I would turn this day around. They fell asleep. In the mean time I blew up a Matress and placed it in the living room, made grilled cheese, put on the movie 'The Little Ghost'. After we ate I made us homemade funnel cakes, we finished the movie, played around, made Berran dance, shared some laughs then winded down with another movie 'The Addams Family'. I must say we ended the day on a good note and really turned the day around. Sometimes you just have to take a moment to regroup and find a way to engage your kids and actually have fun with them. With that said I'm hoping we have an awesome fall break this week!



2 comments:

  1. We all have bad days. It's how we react to them that can make them worse or better. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're exactly right! I'm glad I made our day better. Thank you! :)

      Delete