Thursday, October 9, 2014

Charlie Brown, Sally Brown & Snoopy costume idea


Now I know this is not completely a DIY/craft project but part of it is and it is an awesome and cute idea for Halloween. One year Braxton was Charlie Brown, Broox was Snoopy and I was Sally Brown. Braxton and Brooxs costumes were purchased online. The Charlie Brown Costume could easily be made with a yellow shirt, black shorts and black paint. Why I did not do that costume myself I have no idea! I absolutely love the snoopy and I couldn't have made that myself anyways but it was well worth the purchase! As for me Sally Brown, that costume was made by me for around $6. Thank you local Salvation Army! 

The best place to start looking for stuff is your local goodwill or Salvation Army but start early because people will be trying to get their own items for their DIY costumes as well. I knew I needed either a pink or blue dress. I ran across a pink one ($3) and no it wasn't my size it was too big but I knew it would do. I really wanted one with polka dots but I would solve that problem later. I then picked out a pair of pink socks (.50), white shoes  ($2) a pair of white slip ons or keds will do and I found a little belt ($1) to put around my mid section so the dress would fit a little better. 
 
To get the Sally Brown look I took a black marker and made polka dots you can't really tell in the picture but they ARE on the dress, any marker will do. I had a pink bow at home that was attached a metal clip. If you don't have one you can find them for $1 at most stores. I teased my bangs and flipped out the bottom of my hair. Just like that I was Sally Brown. As I said before this could even be a CHEAPER idea if you make the Charlie Brown costume. I only dressed as Sally at a Halloween Party and for another event. The other times dad and I wore snoopy shirts purchased at walmart for $7 each. Sorry these aren't the best quality pictures they were taken a few years back!

No comments:

Post a Comment