Sunday, October 12, 2014

Halloween Crafts

With Halloween right around the corner I thought I would share some of our arts and crafts projects. For the first two I would like to thank a lovely mama I met from the what to expect July 2014 forum and I now follow on instagram. She posted very cute canvas prints and I was all like OMGosh I have to do that!!!
 
 
These projects are good for a rainy October day or something fun to do with your kids any day. Pictured above is Braxton holding his painted pumpkin and the spider canvas we made. Now you can do this however you'd like but this is what we done...


•painted the canvas green and let dry
•painted black paint on hands and pressed on canvas for spiders 
•used the older handprints as the mom and dad 
•baby berrans hand prints were the baby spiders
•painted cobwebs 
•drew on the faces and glued on the eyes 
•on the back I put kids names, age, month and the year

Of course if you'd like you could use yours and husband/significant others handprint as the mom and dad and each kid as the little spider. Personalize it yourself using whatever colors you'd like. 
 
 
Pictured above is Broox with the pumpkin he painted and our Frankenstein footprint canvas painting. Again, you may do this however you'd like but this is what we done...


•painted the canvas orange (I suggest black)
•painted the bottoms of feet green and placed on canvas
•older kids foot prints were used as mom and dad 
•Berrans footprints as the kid Frankensteins
•paint the clouds using white/black to make gray
•lightening bolts out of yellow paint
•paint the faces on the foot prints and glue on eyes 
•on the back I put the kids name, age, month and year

I do suggest black for the background of this one. My friend accidentally painted it orange instead but it still turned out well. Personalize however you'd like :) These make for cute cheap Halloween decorations and are awesome keepsakes. 





This craft I done on my own while bored at work. You can use any characters you want but I went with mom and dad pumpkins and their little pumplings dressed up as Frankenstein, Dracula and a ghost for Halloween. I used styrofoam cups for the pumpkins and then little plastic water cups like the kind you may have near your sink. I flipped them up side down, painted 2 coats of paint and then painted on the faces. This would make for a cute decoration or even a cute item for your child to play with (not good for a child who still puts items in mouth).

No comments:

Post a Comment