Saturday, October 11, 2014

Missing out

As a parent you never want to miss any exciting moments that go on with your child or children but sometimes you have no other choice. As much as we want to be apart of every unforgettable moment (at least it's unforgettable to us) things DO happens and things DO come up. 
 
Today was the second time in a row that I missed my child's football game and it weighs heavy on my heart. I do not want my kids to ever feel like I wanted to be absent because I don't and it means everything to me to be there and watch them play. I want them to always know that mom is their number 1 fan.
 
Last weekend I was the maid of honor in my best friends wedding. We live an hour away and I had to be with the bride getting ready early that morning which meant I was not able to see my sons play. May I add their team is small, Broox is their only extra player, as he is the youngest he doesn't normally play the entire game. It just so happened a player didn't show and Broox played the entire game for the first time AND they won 25-0! I was very sad I had to miss that game.
 
Then today I yet again had to miss a game. Braxton was sick, Broox was not so he went on and played the game without big brother. I wanted so badly to go but I had been up for 24 hours (thank you night shift) and did not feel that it was safe for me to drive alone for 30 minutes. I told Broox a million times this morning that I was sorry I could not go. It really hurts so bad when you know you're missing out on important moments but sometimes you have to remind yourself that it's normal, life is not perfect and things come up, you're not the first mom or dad to miss an event or an important moment so try not to beat yourself up. So, today that is what I'm trying to do, not let it bother me so much and looking forward to their next game!

No comments:

Post a Comment