Friday, October 17, 2014

Power Ranger partial DIY idea


Last week was Charlie Brown, Sally Brown & Snoopy. This week I am bringing you Power Rangers. I don't know about you but I grew up watching this show I think the pink ranger was Kelly at the time and that is who I wanted to be. When my boys started watching Power Rangers I had no idea it was still on Tv but it was. 
 
Two years ago they wanted to be power rangers. I searched our local walmart and the only costumes available were very cheap and had no muscles built in and I did not want to spend my money on something like that. As a last resort I went online. They had the costumes for ALL the different types of rangers. As you can tell in the picture the costumes were a bit different.
 
Once that was taken care of I was left. I looked into just buying a shirt with power rangers on it but not for $20!!! People are crazy. Instead of buying something I decided to make something.
I USED to have a huge art stash but over the years it has been mostly used up, lucky me this was the year I still had it all. The only thing I HAD to purchase was a pink shirt which was only $5.

What you'll need: 
•long sleeve shirt
•acrylic paint 
•paint brushes
•cardboard box
•pen
•colored pants/leggings and boots (optional)



How to:
•cut card board box so the pieces will fit in middle and arms of shirt.
•lay out shirt and put in the card board
•get your paint and brushes ready
•get out image or pull up image on your phone
•use piece of card board box to make a strait line by using the pen. I used it on the arms, belt and the black thing in the middle (optional if you can free hand)
•flip over shirt and continue the line for the belt (optional)
•draw on the circle in the middle of the belt
•once you're done with that you may start painting following your picture or doing it however you'd like. Let front dry before doing back or the white and black outlines.
•after I let it sit for a few hours I done the outlines on the front
•let dry over night
•finish painting the belt on the back 
•after back is dry touch up any part you feel may need it

I then paired this with some things I had around the house so I could save money. I didn't have pink or white leggings but I had black skinny jeans. I wore them with black boots. There you have it!


No comments:

Post a Comment