Tuesday, October 14, 2014

How we spent Fall Break

Sadly I cannot say that fall break was a blast but we were able to enjoy a few things. To kick off the weekend (last weekend) the kids and I (not Berran) were in my best friends wedding. I was lucky enough to be her maid of honor, the boys Braxton and Broox were the ring bearers.  It was a beautiful wedding and my best friend looked gorgeous. Unfortunately it was cold but we survived!
 

After the weekend was over I had fun things planned including a trip to the pumpkin patch, hiking at red river gorge, attending Medevil Times and do some arts and crafts activities. Mother Nature on the other hand, well, she had other plans that included RAIN! Bummer! We were able to make it to the pumpkin patch in between periods of rain but we just went there for about 20 minutes and picked out pumpkins.



Since we were unable to go hiking at red river gorge I thought I'd plan something fun in the house. We purchased items for s'mores and I figured we could roast In the oven or over the grill. Of course Berrac bought chocolate bars with almonds, no one but myself likes them. Braxton really didn't want to roast marshmallows and Broox, at least he enjoyed it even if he didn't get the chocolate and marshmallow s'more that he wanted. I on the other hand wanted to set up camp in the living room but that ended up being everyone piled in my room watching RL Stine haunting hour before bedtime. Not really how I pictured the evening but hey Braxton told us that we were COOL and FUNNY parents AND that he wouldn't want any other parents. That's a plus, right?! 
 
Friday we done some arts and crafts, hence the babys first pumpkin and the cute halloween canvas memorabilia decor. I'm very thankful I have a good friend who enjoys crafting as well. She helped me out friday and it was nice to have her company.
 
Sadly Braxton began running a fever Friday and Saturday it was still lingering around, the reason why I was unable to attend the football game. As of yesterday he was feeling better, just in time for school yesterday!
 
Although I was glad to have all the kids home I missed mine and Berrans alone time and I was a teensy weensy bit happy to send them back to school. Hope you have a good week:) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment