Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pizza Bake

It's hard for me to find a meal to cook that both of the kids like, well more like Braxton. Braxton is my picky eater, so when I do find a meal that includes meat and that he likes I feel as if I have accomplished something. Now when all 4 of us enjoy a dish I've made I feel like super mom or something. With tht said, the other day I ran across a meat lovers pizza bake recipe on a back of a box. So I thought I'd give it a try. I will include the original recipe but I will also tell you what I used to make it a bit healthier.
My ingredients were:

•8oz (half a box) of organic whole wheat rotini noodles
•1 lb. of Italian sausage
•4oz low sodium diced ham cubes
•8 strips of precooked low sodium bacon crumbled
•3.5oz pepperoni
•2 14oz organic pizza sauce
•mozzarella and sharpe cheddar cheese as much as you prefer
•onion powder, garlic salt, oregano, parmesan, salt and pepper.

1.preheat oven to 375
2.cook the rotini until soft 
3.cook 1 lb. of sausage in a frying pan
4.in a big bowl add in the noodles and sausage
5.separate pepperonis and add in, then add in the ham
6.crumble the bacon, add into the bowl
7.pour in the 2 cans of pizza sauce and add your preferred amount of cheese.
8.sprinkle a little onion powder, garlic salt, oregano, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper to your liking for flavor
9.once all is in the bowl stir it up well to make sure ingredients are spread around the bowl evenly. I usually stir for about 1-2 minutes
10.cover the top with more cheese 
11.put in oven 15 minutes and voila ready to eat.

I included some pictures of my own dish. I hope your family enjoys it as well.


*corn and/or breadsticks makes for a good side with this dish*

No comments:

Post a Comment