Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Healthy pancakes and parfaits


My family is definitely not what you'd call healthy eaters but we are trying to test out new stuff and slowely switch over ingredients to low fat, reduced fat, no fat, whole wheat, organic...okay you get the picture im sure. Anyways, I ran across a recipe that used only 2 main ingredients for pancakes. I found it on a blog and I wish I could remember which one so I could share. If I come across it again I will add it in this post. Although I wasn't sure I'd like it since it was compared to the texture of French toast (not a fan) but I figured I'd give it a try. 

•1 ripe banana 
•2 eggs
•pb2 (organic section)
•cinnamon
•natural almond butter
•low fat butter
•sugar free syrup 

1.mash up banana until there are no chunks 
2.add in 2 eggs and mix in with banana. Now make sure it's good and mixed together or you will get more of an egg taste and not the banana.
3.add in a dash of pb2 & cinnamon, mix all of that in with banana and eggs.
4.put stove on a little before medium heat
5.grease your pan with non sticking spray 
6.cook pancakes in pan, flipping until evenly golden brown on both sides 
7.take off pan and spread some almond butter & regular low fat butter on them then top with sugar free syrup.

Now, I will give my honest opinion I was not a fan of these. They were not bad and if you like French toast then I'm almost positive that you will enjoy these. The texture and the taste both remind me of French toast which I am not a fan of. My boyfriend did like them. So, I'd say it varies person to person but don't try this recipe expecting to taste a real unhealthy pancake! Now for the parfaits which I whipped up myself.

•low fat organic vanilla yogurt
•nut of choice (I used pecans)
•blueberries 
•strawberries
•banana 
•organic granola
•organic honey

1.using a regular table spoon (the spoon you eat with) scoop 4 scoops of yogurt into small cup
2.add about 5 nuts, 7 blueberries and 4 banana slices on top of yogurt
3.top with granola and drizzle with honey 
4.repeat steps 1-3 but this time instead of blueberries slice up 1-2 strawberries.

This is a great healthy breakfast idea. I eat one daily! Not to mention nuts and bananas are both fatigue fighters. I usually eat what's left of my banana after I finish my parfait.
Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment