Friday, August 22, 2014

DIY no sew k'tan wrap

I love to baby wear and while I was pregnant I came across 2 different styles at a consignment sale one was an infantino carrier and the other well I don't remember the brand and I don't feel like looking for it right now but it's more of what I can see a dad wearing. I found that both of them somewhat hurt my back. I'd see moms wearing these neat wraps that looked soo comfortable but they are expensive. Now with 3 kids and being mainly a stay at home mom (I work 1-2 nights a week) I'm on a tight budget and try to save as much as possible. Luckily I ran across this cute easy DIY k'tan wrap on Pinterest! It is so easy and I had the materials at home. All you will need is 2 tshirts preferably with no side seam and a wide scarf.

Take 2 shirts and cut the tops of them off sleeve to sleeve. You are going to use the bottom halves which makes a tube.

Then you will put each one on like a sash making sure they cross in both the back and front. If you want you can get some yarn or ribbon to tie at the cross in the back but you do not have to as I did not..


Then you will want to put the baby inside. Spread out the tshirt material on the babys back and bottom so he/she is well supported, and adjust the material over your shoulders to what's comfortable for you. 

Then take the scarf open it up to where it is supporting the baby's bum and back. Adjust it to the middle of your back and tie. It can get a little tricky while tying. I suggest having someone else tie it or prop the baby up on something (I used my dryer) so baby can remain in an upright position and at the height you prefer and then tie.

*the one on Pinterest told me shirts 2 sizes bigger but it was way to big, the one shown is a medium (I wear small) it fit well but I do feel as if the material will stretch so I plan on buying 2 light blue size small tshirts to baby wear with the scarf. Obviously material will stretch over time so I believe going with your original size will be fine. Try an old tshirt first and go from there to see what works for you before you spend money. I plan on making more and will be sure to post a picture on my instagram when I do so.*

No comments:

Post a Comment