Thursday, August 21, 2014

China Cheapies and other brands

When you begin your cloth diaper search it's always what will save me the most money? Then you're like wow these diapers are only $4 a diaper and these are $20, what is going on here? I'm sure then you will do a million reviews and then second guess yourself and think maybe they are giving good reviews for money. Well, I am no expert but I will tell you what I purchased and my experience so far.I personally wanted to have a good size stash, cute prints and not spend a ton of money. I done everything mentioned above and finally I made up my mind. The thing that influenced my decision the most was forums, not you tube videos or what the website said. I ended up going with sunbaby and alvas

SUNBABY seemed to be one of the cheaper brands that had the most positive feed back. The price is decent 6 pocket diapers and 12 inserts, they are really cute, and you can choose from MF, bamboo, charcoal bamboo or blended (MF/bamboo) all are $51 for that package. You can purchase bigger ones but that's what I went with. You can also choose from a size 1 one size diaper or a size 2 one size diaper. The sizes are pretty much for the leg holes. Size 1 is for skinnier and size 2 for chubbier. I purchased 6 size 1 with MF inserts and 6 size 2 with blended inserts. 

Berran in a size 1 OS Sunbaby diaper

MY SUNBABY REVIEW so far so good. Most people will say they don't see a difference in the sizes but I do. The size 1 fits my baby better around the legs. Now the size 2 is fine but the size 1 just fits tighter. I do not dry my diapers so I'm unsure how they hold up in the dryer but they have been fine line drying inside and out. My baby was able to fit into these at 4 weeks old, 8lbs. The PUL seems fine, the snaps are good, and I haven't had any leak issues. Now the inserts are another story. I would not recommend MF from any brand but do not waste your money on these. My blended work well. At first I was only using 1 but now he is a heavy wetter so I double them. I think I'm going to purchase some bamboo and try them out. I have contacted customer service just to see how fast they respond and I received an email within the same day so I do trust that they will be there for help in a timely manner.

ALVA carries several different diapers. They have pockets, aio, ai2 and covers. They carry all your inserts and you can get diapers with or without inserts. They also have several different bundles and their diapers are regular or you can get the double gussets. When I researched these it was either people who hated them or loved them. They are fairly cheap as well. 

Berran in a OS double gusset Alva ai2 diaper

MY ALVA REVIEW overall I've not had hardly any problems. The only ones I have had problems out of is my minky ai2 and my ai2 double gussets. They are the only ones who have on occasion gave me leak problems. Luckily I don't have many of these and like I said it's not always a leak but sometimes. I would not recommend the double gussets. They are made to hold in the poo but I've not had a blow out in the ones without but the poo has got in between the gussets and it's just hard to clean out. Besides that no problems. Again, I purchased MF inserts and as previously stated do not go with those. I'd buy the bamboo inserts from them if I were you. The ones I bought were the one size. I like their snaps because they have the double rows, the snaps are colored and they adjust well. The snaps are sturdy and I see no problem with the PUL. I hang dry these indoor or out so I have no idea about drying in the dryer. Again, baby could wear these at 4weeks, 8lbs.

OTHERS As for the other diapers I have, I have OS Sweetpea covers which is a more expensive brand. I paid $10 per cover. They have double gussets which I've had no problems with. I have not experienced leaks with these, the PUL and snaps are great. They could fit my baby 4weeks and 8lbs. I also have 1 thirstie cover. It is a 0-6 month size with velcro. I've had no leak problems with this one. The velcro is still working well. I did purchase this used. For both of these diapers I use a Green Mountain Diaper Clotheez bleached cotton prefold. These are inexpensive and absorb well. You do have to buy these in sizes but it's nice because when baby out grows one size you can use it as an insert or doubler in your pockets. 
Berran in a NB GMD clotheez prefold
0-6 month Thirstie cover
one size Sweetpea cover


*For tips and help with cloth diapering comment and I can email you a printable cloth diapering 101 booklet.*

No comments:

Post a Comment