Sunday, September 7, 2014

What's been going on

I have had a very hectic last week and a half. For myself I have been struggling with a sickness for 2 weeks now. Tried to get over it without the doctors help which ended up being a horrible idea. I was running a temperature, body aches, chills then my throat started hurting. Finally was able to get some medicine and now I am trying to get over an awful cough and congestion. I am NOT a sick person so this is awful for me, but I guess it's that time of year and I'm thankful the kids haven't caught it. I was seriously considering drinking my breast milk to see if that would help me get well.
Aside from that we've had some exciting things happen. Berran had his 2 month shots. He done great. He cried a little but as soon as I picked him up he immediatly stopped. I'm guessing it didn't hurt him too bad.
I had a meeting with Brooxs teacher and speech teacher. He has corrected everything he had been working on since last year and is now moving on to new sounds. He is doing great in school and has made me proud by getting higher than just 'good' (green) everyday. He just started homework this week and he has been very excited to begin reading even if it is just him memorizing the book, that's how we all start out anyways. 
Braxton, now he has been something else! I definitely had a proud mom moment with him this week. Last week he received a note how he was the first student to clip off the charts which means he was the first to get the best colors green, purple, blue causing him to clip off the charts and start all over. This week I received a note how he was receiving the extra effort award this month during their monthly awards ceremony. As some of you may know I am without a car right now and I could not miss him receiving his award so Bear and I walked to the school so we would not miss his big moment. He makes me so proud!

The last highlight of the week would be their first football game they played Saturday. Their first game was actually supposed to be 2 weeks ago but due to heat it was cancelled. Now our team the Rams is a very small group of only 12 kids, leaving only 1 extra (Broox). Broox has not been very excited about football but he has been doing so much better and Improving each practice. He is the youngest on the team. We probably could have waited a year for him but I think he will benefit from it. Braxton has been doing great so I really had no concerns with his first game. Sadly, they lost but it looked like they had a great time and it was a pretty good game. Braxton done an awesome job, played a hard game and played the entire time. Broox was put in for about 5 plays and he really surprised me. I was glad to see him blocking and not turning away, as that is something he has been working hard on. My poor baby Broox hurt his hand and was a little upset about that but he eventually shook it off. The main thing is that they had fun and to me that's all that matters.
I'm looking forward to their next game!


No comments:

Post a Comment