Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Cinnamon Banana Almond Butter Pancakes

I posted a recipe before that was pancakes made with bananas and eggs. I personally was not a big fan of this but I did enjoy the banana taste in them so I decided to come up with my own concoction even though I'm sure it's online or in a recipe book somewhere.

What you'll need:
•whole wheat pancake mix 
•almond butter
•1 ripe banana
•cinnamon
•vanilla extract
•mixer
•cooking spray 
•lite or sugar free syrup 

1- mix up the batter as instructed on the back of the box for how many pancakes you'd like. this recipe is for about 10 pancakes.
2- slice banana and drop into batter.
3- sprinkle cinnamon on the top to your liking. 
4- using a teaspoon that you'd eat with fill it with vanilla extract and dump into batter.
5- with the same teaspoon scoop out 4 good size scoops of almond butter and add to the batter.
6- with mixer blend everything until no banana chunks are left.
7- use cooking spray on your pan, pour batter to the size of pancake you'd like
8- flip pancakes until a golden brown, repeat last 2 steps until batter is gone

 

These were absolutely wonderful and had my house smelling so good! Assuming you use a very ripe banana it will have an awesome flavor to it. This was a big hit in my household and we all enjoyed. We topped it with some lite syrup and ate them up. If you have some left overs put them in baggies and freeze for a quick breakfast some other day!


No comments:

Post a Comment