Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentines 2015


First and foremost I hope every one had a wonderful valentines day. I know I did. I normally work every single weekend but I managed to get off Saturday in celebration of valentines day. That was good enough for me.


To start off our day we headed to our home town to visit my granny to enjoy some good home cooked breakfast, our favorite biscuit and gravy complimented with bacon and fried potatoes. My granny just had surgery this week and she STILL felt as if she needed to make us breakfast as our valentines present. She is so wonderful and selfless, I know no one else like her she is one of a kind forsure.


Afterwards, I let the boys opens their gifts from Berrac and myself. Of course the gifts were cheap and not really valentines themed but they were extremely happy with what they received and most of the items were items that they would actually use and not stuff that would get thrown out; candy, piggy bank, computer game (thank you dollar tree find), winter gloves, small Dino figure, Disney themed plastic cup... I think that was it. Berran of course got some different items; small wooden alphabet blocks, fishy and ducks for bath time, paci, and socks. He loved his items as well.


Braxton wrote us all valentines. He is so sweet.


Later in the day meant parting from my kids as they were staying with my dad and step mom for the nights so Berrac and I could enjoy a kid free date night. This would be our first time being without Berran. The only time we have ever left him is once for 4 hours while I attended a bachelorette party and 8 hours for work, that's it. He is almost 8 months, spoiled rotten and a big mamas boy. My heart was broken. I think I hugged and kissed him a million times even going back in one last time to give him one more. I was okay though I thought about him quite a bit but once I was gone and actually enjoying myself, ourselves, I was content with him being gone.


Now he won't be staying anywhere again for at least a few months but I feel better knowing he will do okay and I'm content with it. I was also worrying about my milk decreasing but as of this morning and limited wine intake I had pumped 25 ounces. Woo hoo! Thank you jesus. That made me feel better about leaving him as well. Nothing sexier during a date night than having to whip out your boobs and pump out milk 3 times for 20 minutes.


With that said we had a great night. Had some wine, a nice salad and steak for dinner and ended the night at the Marriott. Even if we were only 10 minutes away from home something about a nice hotel makes it seem like a mini vacay for the evening. Sadly we weren't able to get into the pool but we still enjoyed the night and each other's company. I dont know if every woman gets their man a valentines gift but I always try to get him a little something. This year I made him a bouquet of liquor, he really liked it, I recieved a cute card, a necklace and some roses. He's too sweet and definitely out did himself with everything. Couldn't have asked for a better night with a better person. We even enjoyed a nice breakfast that the hotel served bright and early this morning before he had to head out for work. 


Now I'm just patiently waiting for the kids to return and being able to actually spend time with them today instead of sleeping all day after working all night, which is what id normally be doing today. Maybe we can cook up something in the easy bake oven and enjoy a movie and popcorn snuggled up in the bed on this frigid day.

No comments:

Post a Comment